Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Woo Hoo

Writer of Fiction Jo Smith

Woo Hoo

I just got my first comment and it was from my dear friend Betty. She's also a "cool beans" person. I love visiting with her she is so interesting and has no end to her reach for new knowledge.

I have spent almost 3 days this weekend digging out and pitching "stuff" I had saved over the years. I can't believe some of the things I saved. I threw out so many name tags you would think I needed them to remember "Jo Smith" was my name.

And napkins, I had napkins from almost every function I have attended in the last 10 years. I think maybe it relates to why I love to go to a nice club (bar) and people watch. I've spent so much time at luncheons, dinners, breakfasts, conventions, conferences, etc, that I'm at home at a place where they put a napkin under my drink.

I found notes I had written that made no sense at all, some that I understood but couldn't believe I would write, stuff I had printed off that I'm sure I though would change the world and it all went to the trash.

I found a broken (beyond repair) frame, ballcaps (I hate ball caps) that my kids scarfed up before I could get to the trash.

OMG, at the battery chargers of every size and shape that go to nothing I still have and wire (thin tiny to cable size) and electrical connections of every shape and size. I got a rowing "NO" from son, son -in-law and husband when I started to the trash. . . . . .So they are now in a plastic bag in the garage with the motors that went on mixers I had in 1960.

My office is so neat and organized I love it. When I've got stuff stacked and piled everywhere I spend all my writing time thinking about needing to put it up. I think I will "kill" if anyone even goes in that direction with something in their hand that isn't chocolate.

Tomorrow is my bedroom's turn. I've already got the furniture moved and now I'm going to clean out my closet and put winter clothes away in storage. Also go through my boots and give away what I don't like to wear.

Then for the fun time. I have a wall in my bedroom with pictures of all the women in the family at all ages on it. I'm going to rearrange them because I have some new pictures to add and 3 new women to add pictures of, my step great-grand daughters, age 3 and 9 months and a new step-grand-daughter-in-law as of this weekend.

If you wonder why I add "step" to them it is because I was a step-daughter with the most wonderful step-dad in the world and I like to remind people that when people that are willing to take on loving a step child and a child that is willing to love a step parent, it is something to celebrate.

Well, my friends new and old, I am going to go pour me a chilled glass of wine (in one of my new wine glasses which are gourgous) and think about you and how lucky I am to have you.

Jo
sometimes known as
"Fighter Chick"

PS: If the spelling is not correct blame it on the spell check on this edit, I can't figure out how to get it to work. I pointed and clicked but nothing happened.
Comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging, Jo! I think you'll love it because it gives you a place to say whatever you want. Unlike email, you don't have to worry about length because you're not sending it to anyone.

So have fun!! (like I need to tell YOU that!!) ;-)
 
LOL.
I've just spent 3 days going through everything in my daughter's room and throwing out 3 large yard sized garbage bags full of junk. She is in college and still had papers from as far back as middle school. She'd asked me to go through all her stuff and get rid of anything that didn't look important. Yikes. I didn't know what I was agreeing to!!

Hope you're having a happy holiday.
 
I added you to my list of links at dishin the dirt.
http://dishinthedirt.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?