Sunday, July 23, 2006

 

I Found My Muse at a Party - Thanks Outlaws

This has been an amazing weekend. I got to spend the day yesterday at home and alone for about 8 whole wonderful hours and did nothing but write. Yes I forgot to eat lunch and didn't even notice.

I got 26 chapters plotted out on a book I love and that is including things I have never written about before. The world is a big place and I'm just now venturing out into it with my writing.
WOW! How great is that?

I also got the book we brainstormed at the OKRWA Plotting Party started on screen instead of in my mind. I got the Heroine mapped out and named and started on the hero.

I wrote a piece on the "what come into your mind" pic on Rinda Elliott's blog The Write Snark. What fun it was to let my mind go to places it wanted with no boundaries. Then I went back to find how many words I misspelled and found a comment from the lady herself. She liked it, I think, and if not I do not want to know it. I'm still floating on the thought that someone I call "My Hero" like what I wrote.

I am going to print off 10 copies of a synopsis, first three chapters, query letter and a bio this afternoon and mail them off to publishers tomorrow. Thanks Betty, you might not have thought I got your comment or took it to heart but it seeded in the back of my mind and now is a full blown nagging thought that I am responding to today. So I'm a little slow, ok.

The Plotting Party was the match that set this fire burning. I was really tired when I got home and it did not burn bright for several days as I caught up on home and work stuff that was piled to the ceiling. When I began to see a light at the end of the tunnel of work I realized it was the desire gnaw in me to put BCHK and now I'm having a problem breaking away to do anything else. What a great feeling. And yes I do consider writing on my blog as creative writing.

My wish today is for all writers to catch this burning desire and without fail make the time to write . And if you need the motivation to get started, have a plotting party and see how the fire starts.

Everyone, are you not glad I found the way to use spellcheck on this program. YEE HAW!
Comments:
You crack me up. I'm so glad to hear all this enthusiasm. A positive attitude is catching, eh? And man, do we need positive attitudes in this world right now.

Now, why on earth would I be a hero? I'm just a regular gal -- who still needs to find one of those wonderful necklaces you have. (g)
 
I agree. I need a necklace like Jo as well. I could have used it today.
 
Hi Doll!
Keep those keys clicking until the keyboard is on fire!!
 
Sounds like you're on a roll. I'm learning that when those moments come around to put off what I can. I woke up in the middle of the night a few months back and couldn't go back to sleep because blurb sentences for my wip were going through my head. Got up and wrote in twenty minutes what usually takes me hours if not days. Still needs a little work, but worth missing a little sleep. Keep up the good work.
 
Wow! 26 chapters plotted! What an accomplishment! I'm awed by what you've done and how quickly you did it. You're my heroine! You go, girl!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?